Local

Backyard Chickens Die In Coop Fire

Photo: clipart.com

Backyard Chickens Die In Coop Fire

(Northampton, MA) — Four backyard chickens are dead after a fire at 24 Massasoit Street in Northampton. The chicken coop burned down Thursday morning because of a space heater installed to keep the chickens warm. The chickens belonged to Dr. Marty Nathan and her husband Eliot Fratkin.

Recent Headlines

in National, World

Climate plan shows U.S. ‘can change the world’

23-overlay1

The plan, which also mandates a shift to renewable energy from coal-fired electricity, is meant to put the U.S. in a strong position at international talks in Paris later this year on reaching a deal to curb global warming.

in Local

Rosenberg Pushes Back On Pipeline Critics

Stan Rosenberg

Senator Stan Rosenberg says he has been working behind the scenes on the pipeline from the beginning

in Local

Greenfield Traffic Stop Yields New Brand Of Street Heroin

Michael Kostanski

A stop for a broken tail light near the I-91 rotary revealed a quantity of heroin labeled "Dunkin Donuts"

in Local

Springfield Teen Found Safe In Northampton

Maia Spruell

A man who recognized her from a missing person's poster saw Spruell entering a Northampton home late last week and called her mother

in Local

Fire Burns at Northfield Asphalt Plant

fire truck

Firefighters battled a fire at the Lane Construction Company in Northfield Monday night