Residents of an Easthampton apartment are back in their homes after a haz-mat situation. The residents were evacuated Monday and part of Maple Street was blocked while police and firefighters investigated a suspicious liquid found in a basement. The haz mat team determined the liquid was a corrosive acid a former tenant had used to extract gold from computer chips. The residents were allowed to return after the chemical was removed.
A look at some of the big stories that made headlines this week and the headlines you may have missed.
This All-American holiday took a long and winding road to become an annual tradition.
With lower gas prices and an improved job market, AAA expects more than 37 million Americans to travel this weekend, the most since 2005.
The city of Northampton now has an ordinance banning the use of single-layer plastic bags