Local

Fire At Hampshire Displaces Dozens

Photo: clipart.com

Fire At Hampshire Displaces Dozens

(Amherst, MA) — About three-dozen Hampshire College students have been displaced by fire. The Greenwich Residence Hall caught fire Sunday afternoon and was quickly put out. Later a student told Hampshire police he had put his sweater in the microwave to dry, doused it with water when it burst into flames, then put it outside thinking it was extinguished. The official cause of the fire has yet to be determined.

Recent Headlines

in National

U.S. Secret Service directior resigns

The White House seen from outside the north lawn fence in Washington

Julia Pierson has resigned amid security lapses at the White House.

in National

Rhode Island child with Enterovirus dies

cdc

A child hospitalized for less than 24 hours with Enterovirus D68 has died from the bacterial infection.

in National

U.S. experts hunt for Ebola exposure after first case

cdc

Experts are monitoring "a handful" of people potentially exposed through physical contact with the first patient diagnosed with the deadly virus in the U.S.

in Local

Vermont Yankee Closing Could Cost $1-Billion

VT Yankee

We should know by the end of October how much it will cost to close the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant

in Local

UMass Police Suspend Confidential Informant Program

UMass Amherst

UMass campus police have suspended their confidential informant program after last week's "Boston Globe" article about a student who died of an overdose last year