Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3’

Ivan Reitman backs out of ‘Ghostbusters 3’

WHO YA GONNA CALL?: Not Ivan Reitman. Photo: Associated Press

Director Ivan Reitman has stepped down as the brains behind the latest “Ghostbusters” movie.

The 67-year-old, who directed the 1984 ghost-chasing film and its 1989 sequel, helped co-write the script for the latest film and had to tweak the storyline when Harold Ramis, who was set for a small role in the movie, died last month.

Reitman will stay on as a producer.

The film is finally expected to start shooting early next year.

Original Ghostbusters star Dan Aykroyd is slated to return, but his co-star Bill Murray is not.

Recent Headlines

in National, World

Hollande says U.S., France to step up strikes in Syria, Iraq


French President Francois Hollande said the U.S. and France have agreed to step up strikes in Syria and Iraq to target Islamic State militants after the deadly Nov. 13 attacks in Paris.

in Black Friday, National

PHOTOS: Turkeys who got a presidential pardon


Ever wonder what happened to those turkeys that got a Thanksgiving reprieve from the President?

in National

America’s worst traffic nightmares


The top 50 worst bottlenecks in America waste millions of gallons of gas and hours of productivity.

in National, World

In taking economic war to Islamic State, U.S. developing new tools


U.S. warplanes have struck Islamic State's oil infrastructure in Syria in a stepped-up campaign of economic warfare that the U.S. estimates has cut the group's black-market earnings from oil by about a third.

in National

15 million on HIV treatment as AIDS pandemic tide turns


Some 15.8 million people worldwide are now on HIV treatment and a fast-track strategy to end the AIDS pandemic is starting to show results, the United Nations AIDS program said on Tuesday.