News

Easthampton Restaurant Accidentally Poisons Teen

Easthampton Restaurant Accidentally Poisons Teen

Photo: clipart.com

(Easthampton, MA) – Health officials believe it was a mistake when a restaurant worker in Easthampton put a powdered chemical cleaner in some food, believing it was grated cheese. The city’s health agent Jackie Duda says a teenage customer who ate the food got sick but is doing fine now. Duda says she’s met with the owners of Riff’s Joint and says while they haven’t been able to pin down exactly who was responsible, she is confident they’ve rectified the protocol problem that led to the poisoning.

Recent Headlines

1 hour ago in National

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Scalia dead at 79

Fresh
scalia

Scalia, appointed to the top U.S. court in 1986 by President Ronald Reagan, was known for his strident conservative views and theatrical flair in the courtroom.

1 day ago in National

Making headlines this week

A couple is seen through an American flag as they walk to a polling place for the New Hampshire primary, Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016, in Nashua, N.H. (AP Photo/David Goldman)

A look back at some of the week's biggest headlines and the stories you may have missed.

1 day ago in Entertainment, National

Roses and roaches: Cold-hearted Valentine’s Day ideas

valentines

With the coldest air in more than a decade forecast to grip the United States this Valentine's Day weekend, the holiday dedicated to love is flashing its frigid side.

1 day ago in Local

SJC Rules For Greenfield Big-Box Appeal

gavel

According to the state Supreme Judicial Court, the opponent’s appeal of a building permit for the French King Highway store can now move forward.

1 day ago in Local

Four Arrests Result of Springfield Drug Raid

gun

More than a pound of heroin, a large quantity of crack cocaine and four loaded handguns were confiscated in the raid at 38 Denton Circle.