News

Netflix wants more ‘Arrested Development’

Netflix wants more ‘Arrested Development’

Netflix hopes to bring more episodes of "Arrested Development" to its video streaming service. Photo: Reuters

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Netflix Inc is working to bring new installments of the quirky comedy “Arrested Development” to the video streaming service, Ted Sarandos, the company’s chief content officer, said on Tuesday.

Sarandos said there was “no question” there would be more “Arrested Development” on Netflix, either as a new series of episodes or a movie. “It is just a matter of when and what form it takes,” he said at the “The Grill,” a conference hosted by Hollywood website The Wrap.

But Sarandos added that the streaming service was still trying to work out scheduling with the show’s large cast of actors, who are working on other projects.

“It’s still speculative,” Sarandos said.

The three Netflix series that are confirmed for new seasons are political thriller “House of Cards,” horror series “Hemlock Grove,” and prison drama “Orange is the New Black.”

Netflix is adding original programming to its movie and TV library to lure new subscribers to its video streaming service, which now has more than 37 million customers around the world.

“Arrested Development” is a comedy about the dysfunctional Bluth family that aired on the Fox broadcast network for three seasons until it was canceled in 2006. Netflix revived the show and released a fourth season of episodes in May. Stars include Jason Bateman, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi and Tony Hale.

Recent Headlines

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.

in Local

Some see gas as replacement for Vermont Yankee

Vermont Yankee

Leaders in Vernon are hoping a gas-fired power plant will be built to replace Vermont Yankee

in Local

UMass Chancellor Leaving

UMass Amherst

UMass President Robert Caret is leaving to become chancellor at the University of Maryland

in Local

Narkewicz To Seek Five Liquor Licenses

nark inauguration

The mayor of Northampton wants to ask the state legislature for five more liquor licenses